Logger Profiles Updating

General discussion - When it doesn't fit anywhere else
VK2DVZ
Frequent Poster

Logger Profiles Updating

Post by VK2DVZ »

Hi all,

It would be appreciated by me and I am sure many others if all operators could update their personal profile on this logger.

Many operators have chosen not to or have dismissed without thought, the value of other stations knowing what bands they operate on or have available.

Revealing such information can only lead to more contacts, particularly when DX conditions are enhanced.

Yes, I know some operators don't want others to know that they have XX power or YY equipment - that info is up to you if you wish to reveal same, but it is much more important to make know the bands that you have available - particularly for HOME STATIONS.

Any chance of getting some up-to-date profile information happening? It's all up to you!
Ross, VK2DVZ
VK2RQ
Forum Novice

Re: Logger Profiles Updating

Post by VK2RQ »

Done, but a lot of stations probably have that type of info on their QRZ page
VK2DVZ
Frequent Poster

Post by VK2DVZ »

Hi Matt and all,

Yes I too had details on QRZ.com, but during the heat of DX I do not go searching on QRZ for operator details, I rely on this logger!

The Logger is a terrific tool, and if more Logger user would just indicate on their own User Profile their current operating band status, it would serve as a much more useful tool than at present.

Giving one's grid locator is fine, but how about activating which bands you have available!

Many give equipment details, but their Station Details in many cases is displayed as Active - NO.....even for some stations known to be operational on various bands.

It is not hard to perform updates on the MY PROFILE page....but don't forget to Save Changes, once the updates are entered.

Enough said..... back to working DX.
Ross, VK2DVZ
VK3ALB
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3ALB »

Agreed. The logger is on all the time during field day ops and in my opinion is faster than QRZ. It may be different for HF operators but for VHF and up (my interest) the logger has everything I need. In some cases (like now) I set available to no because my antennas are down for refurbishment or repair.
Lou - VK3ALB

Being right doesn't excuse bad behaviour