VK7RAE

Amateur beacons
VK7JG

VK7RAE

Post by VK7JG »

A new 432.474 Mhz beacon has been constructed and is presently under test from my QTH. Shortly it will be fitted with a new keyer to overcome the interference problems "we hope" . Reports appreciated.
Joe VK7JG
VK5PJ
Forum Diehard

Re: VK7RAE

Post by VK5PJ »

Joe
VK7JG wrote:A new 432.474 Mhz beacon has been constructed and is presently under test from my QTH. Shortly it will be fitted with a new keyer to overcome the interference problems "we hope" . Reports appreciated.
Joe VK7JG
Can you tell us what is the keying cycle for the 432 MHz beacon, I hope its not 5 minutes of carrier then a short ID like the 144 beacon. I have a birdie on 144.474 so I am never sure if its RAE or the birdy, 5 minutes is a LONG time on troppo.

Regards,
Peter
VK7JG

Post by VK7JG »

Hi Peter.
No . At the present it is using the old keyer . Key down for about 30 seconds then ID .
The new keyer will send the following

dit dit dit dit dit dit dit dit dit dit dit dit VK7RAE .8 second gaps ID every 30 seconds. This should allow the garage door receiver to decode between the dits. .
I will put the beam your way for a few days .

Joe.
VK7JG

Post by VK7JG »

The 2M beacon has a 5 minute for serious propagation measurements . It is exactly on frequency so you should be able to use Spectrum lab to determine if it is the beacon and it does ID four times at the end of the cycle. :-) .
VK3DXE
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3DXE »

VK7JG wrote:The 2M beacon has a 5 minute for serious propagation measurements . It is exactly on frequency so you should be able to use Spectrum lab to determine if it is the beacon and it does ID four times at the end of the cycle. :-) .
2M certainly working OK this morning.
Alan VK3DXE
QF21nv
VK3PY
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3PY »

Yay!!!!!

A very welcome addition to the beacon band. Thanks Joe, and any others involved in tis project.

Chas
VK3PY