WSJT - Access Violation

WSJT 65 (and variants) Discussion
VK2DVZ
Frequent Poster

WSJT - Access Violation

Post by VK2DVZ »

Hi all,

I have not been a user of WSJT, only a dabbler in the past.

Recently I clicked on the desktop icon for WSJT on my laptop, running Windows XP Home edition.

I immediately received the message "access violation at address 004091A2, write of address 00400000"

I then proceeded to completely remove the program (current version) and re-downloaded a fresh install file. Upon attempting to re-install WSJT, the access violation message popped up again.

All other programs tested appear to operate OK.

Can this type of problem be corrected?

Is it time to totally strip the HDD and start from scratch, if I want to use WSJT? A daunting task for me, to say the least.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Regards,
Ross VK2DVZ
Ross, VK2DVZ
VK2DVZ
Frequent Poster

Re: WSJT - Access Violation

Post by VK2DVZ »

This matter has been resolved.

A newly updated anti-virus suite (new yearly subscription) was the cause of the disaster. The functionality of several programs was screwed up, rendering them unusable.

I ditched the offending program, with a lot of effort to get it off the computer, and replaced it with another anti-virus program that is not invasive.
The computer is running at normal pace again. The effected programs reloaded and working.

Two annual subscriptions for 2 programs, within 2 weeks - too bad about the expense - at least I got rid of the offending program.

One more computer to delete it from now..... but that can wait till another day, when the troppo DX is not running.

Cheers,
Ross VK2DVZ
Ross, VK2DVZ